Thursday, June 11, 2020

The God State

A leader in education once told me: Separation from State and church means removing all religious connotations from the State, Public Education, and institutions of the State.

I replied to him telling him that if that were his goal, they should remove the DATE. I reminded him that year 2014 had a very religious connotation, because it commemorated and announced the birth of the Son of God 2014 years ago.  

Then, I explained to him that separation of church and state meant that the State had no right to impose any religion from power, whether Agnosticism, atheism, Christianism, Islam, Satanism, or any other belief. I told him the role of the state should be to encourage people to believe what they want, and to have a government representing the population. I told him the State should not be a religion, nor constitute itself as the sole religion of the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment